Bucharest - Basic financials for NCPs in the view of the EIC
Basic NCP Training
Basic financials for NCPs in the view of the EIC
Focus on: blended finance / SPV, eco-system the EIC is embedded in, basics on risk finance terminology, introduction to the world of Venture Capital
Date: 18 June 2019
Place: Bucharest, Romania
Location: techhub Bucharest (https://bucharest.techhub.com)
Address: District 2, 39-41 Strada Nicolae Filipescu, Bucharest, 020961, Romania
Aim of the training
This training aims to enhance the knowledge of the SME/ARF NCPs on financials in the view of the EIC.
A major new feature of the EIC Accelerator will be the blending of different sources of financing to support accelerating the growth of companies, i.e. grants and equity, implemented via a newly established Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV). At the same time, the EIC will have interfaces with other sources of risk finance: SMEs applying might already have an investor on board already, during negotiations with the SPV a private investor might be invited to co-invest, interfaces with the pan-european fund-of-fund might be used, etc.
Therefore this training will focus on the SPV/blended finance, and aims to have a look at the broader picture as well:
· Frame the role of risk finance within the EIC
· Do a reality check on the role and processes of the SPV
· Gain a good basic understanding for all risk finance related instruments, vocabulary, terms and conditions
· Understand how venture capitalists think and act
· Understand the role of a company that needs risk capital
It aims to help NCPs better understand key financial vocabulary and opportunities within the frame and eco-system of the EIC.
Workshop Target group: SME NCPs, ARF NCPs
Registration for the Training:
- Deadline for registration: 04.06.2019
- Innovative Enterprise Week Bucharest 2019
- Date: 19th – 21st of June 2019:
- 19 June: EIC Pathfinder
- 20 June: EIC Accelerator
- 21 June: Financial Instruments
- Link for more information and registration: https://innoenterprisebucharest2019.eu (requires separate registration from the training)
- Important note: SME and ARF NCP can be reimbursed for 18/6 -21/6 (max. three extra nights after the training) only if they attend the A4SMEs training on 18/6. If you are interested in attending both events and to be reimbursed accordingly, please indicate it accordingly at the Registration Form of the NCP Training.
- Info on travel and hotels are available at https://innoenterprisebucharest2019.eu/travel-kit.html
- FFG – Austrian Research Promotion Agency