According to the Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan, women face more difficulties than men when running a business. At the same time, a large pool of educated women do not consider entrepreneurship as an option, while women researchers remain significantly underrepresented in the business sector. Despite the EC support mechanisms for enhancing women entrepreneurship, and the H2020 targets for gender equality in Research & Innovation, women are under-represented in the flagships programme of H2020, the SME Instrument.
“EMPOWA”, a strategic alliance of research, innovation and business stakeholders, aims to boost the participation of women entrepreneurs in the Horizon 2020-SME Instrument programme and beyond,with a special focus on the enhanced European Innovation Council (EIC). Main objectives of the project are:
- identify women entrepreneurs with innovative companies and potential to successfully apply for the SME instrument;
- raise awareness on the SME instrument and related Enterprise Europe Network support services;
- deliver Training, Mentoring and Advisory services tailored to the needs of women entrepreneurs with a focus on the “Accelerator” Programme of the EIC Pilot among Women Entrepreneurs;
- explaining the blending instrument and providing guidance to Women Entrepreneurs in order to submit a successful proposal to the EIC Pilot Call;
- share good practices, lessons learned and success stories and create a role model for women entrepreneurs with potential to disrupt the European and global market.
On 15 May 2019, the consortium “EMPOWA” organizes a webinar with the aim to train women entrepreneurs on the enhanced European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot initiative. Success stories and best practises will be presented.
Dates: 15 May 2019 – from 15.00
Target group: mainly women entrepreneurs
Organised by: APRE – Agency for the promotion of the European Research
For further inquiries or information regarding the event, please contact the organising team at —> email@example.com
To register and get more details —> https://forms.gle/KAVputHa6d2Z4boUA
Agenda available here